The phrase search engine optimisation, or SEO, is still the hot topic of many companies and digital marketers. SEO refers to the act of using techniques to boost your ranking in Google’s search engine results page or SERP for short.
The Meaning & Importance of Off-Page Search Engine Optimisation
This first page is so important to many businesses, as it’s the online equivalent of getting your name on a big advertising board in the street or appearing first in the phone directory. However, as well as on-page techniques, there are off-page tactics, too.
What’s the Difference Between On- & Off-Page SEO?
Many people may have been hitherto unaware that there was more than one type of SEO. After all, many of us are familiar with on-page SEO techniques; they’re in any digital marketer’s arsenal. The importance of off-page optimisation cannot be underestimated, however. These are arguably more subtle than on-page SEO methods, but just as effective at bringing traffic to your website. To understand the distinction, here are some key differences between on-page and off-page.
What Constitutes On-Page SEO?
● Well-researched keywords – don’t force too many into your content, however. Overloading your online content with keywords is seen as a ‘black hat’ technique;
● Link building with relevant websites that aren’t considered competition;
● Interesting and relevant content, ideally on a website blog;
● Active social media platforms; Google now takes these into consideration.
What Constitutes Off-Page SEO?
● Guest blogs on websites;
● Backlinks to your company’s website (this can be achieved naturally through editorial decisions by publications, or by asking for customers to link to your website. The first is harder to achieve and will take time to develop);
● Your social media platforms that link back to your website;
● Using influencers to promote your material (paid sponsorship).
Both On- & Off-Page SEO are Vital Components of Your Digital Marketing Strategy
On-page and off-page SEO techniques work together to promote your company or brand. By using both, you will boost your credibility and reliability in Google’s eyes. Using off-page SEO is a small way of proving that you can actually practice what you preach and that your reputation extends beyond just your home page.
Off-page SEO can be achieved through promotion, social media, guest posts and even a bit of social media influencer support.
Easy2Access is Your Partner in Specialised Digital Marketing Solutions
Chat to us today to discuss how we can add value to your organisation through precision marketing and advanced SEO techniques.